Hot stamping means that after a certain temperature and pressure change the color foil, the pattern and text of the plate are instantly attached to the surface of the substrate, so that the printed surface has multiple colors of metal texture patterns at the same time, and different hot stamping effects can be combined. In addition to its surface decoration function, bronzing also plays an important role in anti-counterfeiting.
Cold stamping is a name relative to the traditional hot stamping technology. Both hot stamping processes can achieve the printing effect achieved by the stamping process. Cold stamping does not require heating during the process, so it is named cold stamping.
Hot stamping is an important metal effect surface finishing method, which can enhance the visual effects of products such as trademarks, cartons, labels, cards, etc. Traditional hot stamping and cold stamping are both to make the product packaging bright and dazzling, and help grab customers’ attention , Attract consumers’ attention.
Principles of cold stamping
Cold stamping is to use a flexographic plate to partially or fully print the UV glue on the paper tape, and composite it with the transfer film, and then irradiate it with a UV lamp. The glue is instantly solidified, and then peeled off, the laser layer on the transfer film will follow the printing plate. The pattern is transferred to the paper tape to form a gorgeous packaging effect.
Compared with traditional hot stamping technology, cold foil printing has obvious advantages, which are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
(1) Low cost of plate making. Cold stamping does not need to produce expensive metal stamping plates like hot stamping, and it also avoids environmental pollution caused by the process of stamping plates.
(2) The hot stamping precision is high. The resolution of cold hot stamping is relatively high (basically it can reach the printing resolution), whether it is hot stamping small dots and lines, or achieving a hollow effect, its expressive power is very good.
(3) The area of cold stamping pictures and texts is larger. Hot stamping is generally only used for hot stamping of small-area images and texts such as trademarks and LOGOs, while cold foil has a larger width, even comparable to the width of a printing machine, so it is more suitable for hot stamping of large-area images.
(4) A wider range of applicable substrates. Cold stamping can realize the transfer of cold stamping foil by the action of adhesive and pressure at room temperature. There is no need to adjust and control the stamping temperature specially like hot stamping. It is not only suitable for stamping common substrates such as paper and cardboard, but also for hot stamping. Deformable thin film materials can also be applied.
(5) It is easier to achieve hot stamping and then printing. In the process of first hot stamping, cold stamping has low difficulty, high efficiency and low scrap rate. (6) In-line production can be realized, with faster speed and higher efficiency.